Banda Group International, LLC
Safety Program Management for Hydroelectric Power Plants
LOCATION: CA, VA, WA, AND INTERNATIONALLY CANADA, LAOS, AND VENEZUELA
CLIENT: ANDRITZ HYDRO
BGI provided environmental, safety, and health (ES&H) program management at several hydroelectric power plant projects in California, Virginia, Canada, Laos, and Venezuela. BGI staff integrated into the Andritz Hydro team and managed the safety program including field support, supervision of Andritz Hydro safety personnel, and representing the company at project related meetings. BGI provided safety oversight for the Andritz Hydro and associated subcontractor construction personnel.
BGI’s technical expertise provided:
- Reviewing hazardous conditions and reporting
- Developing and implementing mitigation remedies
- Educating workforce on hazards/preventive methods
- Training employees on all Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)
- Developing technical reports and drawings
Additionally, BGI’s team conducted decommissioning/commissioning surveys to verify the equipment and systems were safely and efficiently uninstalled, reinstalled, and all functionality tests on the safety systems were completed.
BGI consistently succeeded in these efforts and all equipment was installed at respective
locations according to the project timetables.