Pharmaceutical Complex Construction and Fit Out Operation
BGI provided on-site EHS support to a General Contractor on a bio pharmaceutical campus in Gaithersburg, MD. The project included oversight of a nine-story new construction and development pharmaceutical laboratory, a three-story garage expansion and demolition/fit out of a three story building. BGI’s Program Manager ensured overall safety compliance of all on-site contractors and managed a team of seven safety professionals that oversaw aproximately 600 subcontractors.
Other BGI’s responsibilities included:
- Responsible for conducting on-site safety audits
- EHS training support
- Communicating safety process/facilitating meetings
- Work permits issuance and management
- JHA review and approval
- Safety Data Sheets maintenance
- Planning and scheduling with owner’s safety staff
- Managing LOTO program
- Coordinating with federal and state agencies, insurance carriers and others
When this pharmaceutical became wholly owned by another entity, BGI’s services were procured again to continue providing support to their subsequent expansion and improvement efforts.