Hazardous Materials Surveys
BGI has provided comprehensive potential hazardous materials inspection and created inventories of potentially hazardous materials in preparation for building renovation including some of the following depending on the client’s needs and age of buildings:
- Inspect building systems slated for demolition to determine the safety and health implications to staff and subcontractors performing the demolition and the environmental concerns including disposal protocols, as necessary.
- pH testing of process waters.
- Asbestos-containing materials (ACM), specifically conduct a National Emission Standards for Hazardous Air Pollutants (NESHAP) Asbestos Inspection to identify, locate, delineate and define asbestos containing materials in all areas of the building.
- Lead based paint.
- Fluorescent and high intensity discharge (HID) light bulbs (potential mercury vapor hazard).
- Diethyl-hexyl phthalate (DEHP) and Poly-chlorinated biphenyls (PCB).
- Other universal waste including herbicide, stored chemicals, paints, etc.
- Hazardous Materials Management Plan.